There are many benefits of having a diverse workforce. Organizations that focus on building a diverse and inclusive team often see higher employee satisfaction rates, increased engagement, healthier company cultures, and positive impacts on the economic bottom line.
1. Is your executive team diverse? Is your board diverse?
2. Do your company photos show a diverse group of employees or does everyone look the same?
3. Do the staff events that you post on social media look welcoming to diverse communities?
4. Does your organization attend, support, and promote a variety of diverse community causes?
5. Do you have ads on your website showing inclusiveness? Do you use inclusive language?
6. Have you asked your diverse employees and members of the public for their feedback and assessment on the inclusiveness of your organization?
7. When candidates attend an interview, is the interview panel diverse and welcoming?
8. Can applicants and members of the public see a range of diverse workers and signage as they enter the workplace?
9. Do you offer flexibility in your work arrangements and group benefits?
10. Do you sponsor employee resource groups, mentorships, coops, and networks for equity-seeking groups in the workplace?
About EG Workforce Solutions
We’ve been in this business for decades and have developed a deep network of professional connections. Whether they’re companies looking for talent, job seekers looking for work, or an up-and-coming store in need of some temporary help, we know the right people to bridge the gap between the hiring and the hired.
But what’s more, we get to know people. From employers hiring to candidates looking, we take the time to listen and learn. We hear your likes, talents, and needs. We gain an understanding, and with it, we’re able to facilitate lasting relationships between businesses and people.Back to Blog Page